On 31 May 2021, CLI’s Executive Director, Terri Mottershead led an information session for prospective applicants for the Centre for Legal Innovation Legalpreneurs Lab Innovation Incubators Program 2021/22 for law firms, legal departments, community legal centres and ALSPs located in Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
Terri was joined by the Incubator specialist coaches: John Chisholm, Jan Christie, Bronwyn Eynon-Lewis, Jemima Harris, Melissa Lyon, Michael Morrissey, Katherine Thomas and Gene Turner, who discussed the sort of projects that might fall into the areas of focus for the Incubator – Building a Digital Strategy, Client Centred Design, Legal Workforce 2025 and Redefining Value – and how they will approach coaching in support of the projects in their groups.
Topics covered included:
- Background to the incubators - the concept, outcomes and FAQs
- Who can participate in the Incubator
- Terms and Conditions – FAQs, Coaching Code of Conduct and Six-Week Intensive Booster Series
- The role of the specialist coaches and coaching circles
- The subject areas focussed on in the Incubator
- The nature and type of projects for the Incubator
- How the projects will be resourced (participants, coaches and CLI)
- The role of the Incubator project leaders
- Incubator project start and end times
- Application process including key deadlines. Applications close at 5pm AEST on Monday 5 July 2021. No extensions.