Episode 87: From alternative to mainstream legal careers in innovation & legaltech at Addleshaw Goddard (UK)
Alternative legal careers in innovation and legaltech – are they still alternative or have they become mainstream? And how, if at all, is the evolution of new and different career opportunities reflecting a permanent change to the business and practice of law?
Addleshaw Goddard have been doing some amazing things in the careers in innovation and legaltech space, not least of which is its recently launched Innovation & Legal Technology Graduate Scheme, we chatted about that too.
Topics discussed included:
- The new BAU in law firms – what it is and what it isn’t
- The new, different and emerging role of multidisciplinary teams in legal practice
- The role and career path of Legal Technologists at Addleshaw Goddard
- How and why the Addleshaw Goddard Innovation & Legal Technology Graduate Scheme is breaking new ground
- The new war for legal talent – it’s not just about lawyers anymore!
- How new mindsets are supporting the development of new capabilities and an innovation focussed culture in contemporary law firms
- How legaltech and innovation continue to reshape the practice of law in the UK
Thank you Kerry for an amazing discussion and congrats again on the launch of the Innovation & Legal Technology Graduate Scheme – fabulous!