Episode 73: ReinventED Legal Business: The Case Studies – Bolter
Bolter is a start-up law firm brought to life by Clifford Gouldson Lawyers and led by Ben Gouldson.
In this podcast, a session in our ReinventED Legal Business: The Case Studies series, Terri Mottershead, Executive Director, Centre for Legal Innovation (Australia, New Zealand and Asia-Pacific) chatted with Ben about:
- The variety of solutions and pricing structures the firm offers to help navigate the maze of forms, contracts and questions that new businesses encounter when they are starting out
- How the Bolter team applies its understanding of the unique challenges of building a start-up or small business from the ground up, to provide a better way for clients to engage with lawyers
- The advantages and disadvantages of establishing a disruptive business unit or initiative in a law firm
- If it is possible for work to flow from a more traditional practice to a disruptive business entity and vice versa
- The importance of experimentation, continuous improvement, listening, an open mindset, encouraging and including different thinking, and being future focussed in legal transformation
- How more traditional law firms can expand the lessons learned from their disruptive businesses to transform all aspects of all businesses
Ben, thanks so much for an amazing session – the work you're doing is a fabulous example of innovative legal practice in action!
If you would prefer to watch rather than listen to this session, you’ll find the video in our CLI-Collaborate (CLIC) free resource hub here.