Chief Innovation Officers Forum (CIOF)
Chief Innovation Officers Forum (CIOF)
The Centre for Legal Innovation launched the Chief Innovation Officers Forum (CIOF) in 2018. The CIOF is a community of senior professionals leading innovation initiatives in professional service organisations who come together to share experience and the exchange of ideas.
CIOF Membership Criteria and Benefits
CIOF membership is open to anyone:
- Who is a driver of innovation and change in their firm/organisation.
- Willing to actively contribute, share experience, lead and engage in discussion in the Forum. The CIOF is a place where you will be encouraged to candidly share your successes and failures, discuss what you learned, and offer support and advice to others so they can learn from and with you. This is not a “sales” platform, it is a community of learning.
- Multi-disciplinary, local, national, regional and international membership is encouraged.
CIOF membership benefits include:
- Access to a diverse network of professions and professions working in innovation.
- Admission to three half-day events each year (webinar or face-to-face).
- Access to LinkedIn Private Group for member only communications with peers and industry leaders wherever they might be located in the world.
- Access to free webinars, podcasts and other resources.
- Access to free industry research that helps your firm/organisation benchmark your initiatives against comparable firms/organisations, identify and understand relevant trends.
- Access to exclusive CIOF discounts.
Application to become a CIOF member constitutes an agreement to be bound by the CIOF Membership Criteria and Benefits.
Please note your CIOF membership entitles you to attend any CIOF live event wherever that might occur around the world. To distinguished these from, and avoid any confusion with other College of Law or Centre for Legal Innovation events, CIOF live events will be clearly identified for members. We will hold CIOF live events in cities where membership numbers are sufficient to support us bringing people together face-to-face. Please note discounts are not cumulative.
CIOF Membership Dues
We admit individual members only. We do not offer corporate memberships. Membership is offered in 6 month intervals:
- AU $300 plus GST: Members joining at any time up to and including 31 December 2019 will enjoy membership until 30 June 2020.
- AU $200 plus GST: Members joining on or after 1 January 2020, will enjoy membership until 30 June 2020.
College of Law alumni, CLI Legalpreneurs Roundtable participants, friends of CLI, ALPMA members, Law Society and Bar Association members are entitled to 10% discount off the CIOF membership fee. Upon the creation of your account during the membership application process, “Law Society Members” should tick that box and COL alumni and all other groups listed here, should tick the “College of Law Alumni” box, then proceed to pay your dues.
CIOF Steering Group
Alison Laird, Head of Innovation and Project Delivery Asia Pacific at Pinsent Masons is the inaugural Chair of the CIOF and leads its Steering Group.
- Denise Doyle, Legal Enablement Lead, Telstra
- Caroline Ferguson, Business Transformation Manager, Simpson Grierson; Chair CIOF New Zealand
- Adam Holster, Director, Customer Research & Analytics, NAB
- Nyk Loates, Director – U-Collaborate, KPMG Innovate
- Melissa Lyon, Associate Principal, Hive Legal
- Marcus McCarthy, Principal, Nexus Law Group
- Terri Mottershead, Executive Director, CLI
- Caryn Sandler, Partner + Chief Knowledge and Innovation Officer, Gilbert + Tobin
- Rajesh Sreenivasan, Partner and the Head of Technology, Media & Telecommunications at Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP; Chair CIOF Singapore
Please also refer to the CIOF Frequently Asked Questions for a summary of questions and answers about the CIOF.