On 29 September 2020, Terri Mottershead, Executive Director, Centre for Legal Innovation (Australia, New Zealand and Asia-Pacific), facilitated a panel discussion that focussed on The New Legal Intern in the Centre’s Reinvent Legal Business Series 2.
Topics discussed included:
- The objectives of internship programs
- The evolving world of virtual internships
- The changing role of work experience and the relevance of internships in this space
- The opportunities for collaboration between legal educators and industry through internships
Terri was joined by an international panel of leaders and doers in the law student work experience and legal education space from Australia and the USA:
- Tom Brunskill, Co-founder & CEO, Forage (formerly InsideSherpa) (Australia/USA)
- Sam Garner, National Manager, Graduate Resourcing Strategy & Learning, King & Wood Mallesons (Australia)
- Samuel Kilpatrick, Volunteer Paralegal Coordinator, Anika Legal (Australia)
- Sandee Magliozzi, Associate Dean for Experiential and Competency-based Learning and Clinical Professor of Law, Santa Clara University School of Law (USA)
If you would prefer to listen rather than watch this session, you’ll find the podcast in our The Legalpreneurs Sandbox podcast series here.
Don't forget to also check out and save the date for the other fabulous FREE Reinvent Legal Business Series 2 webinars - you'll find the details and registration links as we add them here.