From February to June 2020, CLI held six Roundtables throughout Australia, New Zealand and Asia. Like all our Roundtables since 2017, these discussions brought together industry thought leaders from law firms, legal departments, ALSPs, legaltech, and community legal centres, who shared their candid views and experience on what was really happening in practice. These discussion were, as they always are, a glimpse into the day to day challenges and opportunities of contemporary legal practice.
The topic for discussion for this series was “Beyond the Legal Innovation Hype, There Is….?” It focused on getting into the nitty gritty of what was really changing in the legal industry, if anything, what was driving change, and what would stick and become permanent. In the middle of the series, the world changed - COVID 19 impacted the legal industry like every other - and forced our industry perhaps unlike most others, to embrace technology and change like never before. How and where this impacted legal practice then, now and in the future, was also discussed in this series.
On 19 June 2020, Terri Mottershead, Executive Director, Centre for Legal Innovation (Australia, New Zealand and Asia-Pacific), facilitated a panel discussion that identified and discussed the key trends that emerged from these Roundtables. Our amazing panellists for this session were:
- Jemima Harris, Director, LOD
- Catriona Macleod, Director, Cullen Macleod Lawyers
- Warrick McLean, CEO,Coleman Greig Lawyers
- Jennie Pakula, Manger, Innovation & Consumer Engagement, Victorian Legal Services Board + Commissioner
- Titus Rahiri, CEO & Founder, KorumLegal
- Rajesh Sreenivasan, Partner and Head Technology, Media & Telecommunications Director,Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP