On 25 June 2021, as a session in our ReinventED Legal Business: The Case Studies series, Terri Mottershead, Executive Director, Centre for Legal Innovation (Australia, New Zealand and Asia-Pacific) chatted with Peter Moran, Managing Principal, Julian Gillard and Katerina Pshenichner, Managing Associates and Doug Robertson, Consulting Principal from Peer Legal.
Peer Legal began with an ambitious goal: to deliver commercial, responsive and innovative legal services that are best-in-class. The firm determined that this could not be achieved without a first-rate team, and so they brought together a flexible and dedicated community of experts to deliver legal and service excellence.
Peer Legal proactively challenges some of the long-established “rules” of practising law:
- Together with legal best-practice and quality outcomes they are focused on using technology and other tools to disrupt and improve service delivery
- They offer aligned pricing
- They operate as a paperless practice - where (almost) all documents are executed online
- They work with their clients and suppliers to improve legal and commercial outcomes and exceed service expectations
- The Peer Legal workplace is socially just and inclusive